Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bora Jaquim!

Joackim in action em Sopelana

Luka a bater forte no round 4

Guichard, whose twin brother Luka remains inside the ASP European Junior Top 10 halfway through the season, secured his Quarterfinal berth by placing second in Heat No. 2 of today’s proceedings, and will be looking to extend his regional leadership when he paddles out tomorrow. At 20 years of age, Guichard is competing for his last year as a Pro Junior surfer and is looking for a maiden ASP victory as well as a possible ASP World Junior championships (WJC) qualification meaning an end-of-the-year Top 4 finish.

“I am pretty relaxed so far and confident with my surfing,” Guichard said. “I am happy to make the Quarterfinals and being atop the European ratings is really a good thing. I did not do well last week at San Sebastian so this event is definitely where I want to take some points. I have no pressure for tomorrow and looking forward to the next events as well.”

No comments: